Question: How Much Does The Gilman Scholarship Award?
- 1 How competitive is Gilman scholarship?
- 2 Who is eligible for the Gilman Scholarship?
- 3 How do I defer Gilman scholarship?
- 4 What is the Gilman program?
- 5 How many students receive the Gilman scholarship?
- 6 How long is a scholarship good for?
- 7 What is the Beinecke Scholarship?
- 8 How can I find a study abroad program?
How competitive is Gilman scholarship?
A. The Gilman Scholarship Program is a national, highly competitive scholarship. Approximately 1 in 4 Gilman Scholarship applicants are selected to receive the scholarship.
Who is eligible for the Gilman Scholarship?
To be eligible for a Gilman Scholarship, an applicant must be: A citizen of the United States; An undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions);
How do I defer Gilman scholarship?
In some cases, a Gilman recipient may defer their award to a future term. To do so, please provide your updated program details on the Notice of Award page in your Gilman account. Your Gilman regional advisor may reach out to you for more information.
What is the Gilman program?
The U.S. Department of State’s Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is a grant program that enables students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad, thereby gaining skills critical to our national security and economic competitiveness.
How many students receive the Gilman scholarship?
Since the inception of the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program in 2001, over 125,000 applications have been received and over 33,000 scholarships have been awarded to students participating in study abroad programs and internships around the world.
How long is a scholarship good for?
The fine print for most scholarships says that they renew each school year based on a student’s performance in the last school year. If you do well, you should be able to keep your scholarship throughout your four years of schooling.
What is the Beinecke Scholarship?
Description: This scholarship is to support students of “exceptional promise” as they attend graduate school. A student receives $4,000 in their senior year of college and $30,000 while in graduate school. Duke may nominate one junior applicant annually.
How can I find a study abroad program?
10 Ways to Study Abroad
- Book a study abroad program through your university.
- Find study abroad programs through a third-party provider.
- Enroll directly with a university overseas.
- Take a global independent study.
- Supplement your learning with field research abroad.
- Intern for school credit.